Parenting: If you’re not tired, you’re not doing it right
I saw that post about parenting on my Instagram feed and it just inspired a post. That quote there is so true isn’t it! The older my first son got I did feel like things got a little easier. But now to start over again with the little one I’m just not used to being so tired again all the time. And it’s definitely double the work. This past summer, while pregnant, I got a new job in which I’m only working 32 hours a week. It’s a pretty sweet deal, considering that I have an extra day off to do things around the house and run errands while the boys are in school and daycare. My days off are Wednesdays which gives me a nice break in the middle of the week. Today on my day off I:
- Cleaned the living room and kitchen.
- Worked out with my treadmill in the basement. I’m using the Couch 2 5k app and just completed week 2!
- Went to a Zumba class at noon. I almost died but I made it through that. How I missed my Zumba!
- Ran some errands including the post office, the grocery store and Walgreen’s one of my favorite stores. Oh yea, and the library. I couldn’t resist picking up this book even though it was written by a man and not a mom. Let’s see if I actually have time to read it.
- Finally got home, took a shower loaded dishwasher and made dinner.
It’s past seven o’clock and both boys have been fed, the little one is sleeping (for now) and the big one is watching TV until it is time for a bath. And this was on my day off!!
How do you manage it all? Do you agree with the title of the post? There’s always something to do when you are a mother. Isn’t motherhood grand?