Today Dominicans everywhere (whether on the island or not) celebrate the Independence of their country. In the spirit of the holiday I am sharing some of my favorite Dominican things…
- Mangu. I mean really how can I live without my platanos! Here’s a
- The smell of my country. I can’t explain it but it smells like palm trees, warm breeze, sunshine coconuts and platanos.
- Junot Diaz. This Pulitzer prize winning author and his book the and a song he made with Drake
- It’s the best cheese you can fry. Period. Add that to your mangu and just call me for dinner.
- That’s Dominican.com. Their Shares 55